Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
30. I am grateful to make new friends at random moments.
31. I am grateful for time spent with my family at another winning Lakers Game.
32. I am grateful for a man who promised me something and kept his word.
33. I am grateful for a speedy recovery from a sick day.
35. I am grateful to be able to throw a Super Bowl Party and have friends and family over to relax, cheer and celebrate.
“Carefully watch your thoughts, for they become your words. Manage and watch your words, for they will become your actions. Consider and judge your actions, for they have become your habits. Acknowledge and watch your habits, for they shall become your values. Understand and embrace your values, for they become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Saturday, January 26, 2013
24. I'm grateful to have witnessed the amazing band that is The Airborne Toxic Event in Downtown Los Angeles at the Mayan on Wednesday night.
25. I'm grateful to have attended the Art Los Angeles Contemporary Opening Night at the Barker Hangar on Thursday night.
Here's a picture of the sunset that night:
26. I'm grateful to have experienced Downtown Los Angeles for a 12 hour day/night of work, fun and play yesterday including the California Gift Show and the LA Art Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center followed by happy hour at Flemings and my first Lakers game of 2013, which of course they won! (I had no doubt but my friends were skeptical given their season record.) I have no pictures because my phone didn't survive the day, but GO LAKERS!
I love this city and all the angels in it.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Monday, January 21, 2013
19. I'm grateful for a quiet night at home Friday to be creative making jewelry.
20. I'm grateful for an all day and night birthday celebration Saturday gathering old and new friends from near and far.
21. Lady Gaga's concert last night. I'm grateful for music artists that move and inspire me.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Here are a few sites and links to visit to ensure you are prepared for an earthquake and/or other disaster:
The U.S. Government's Earthquake Hazards Program map is the site I visit most after an earthquake to see how large an earthquake was and where was the epi-center.
FEMA offers a variety of earthquake-related information resources.
American Red Cross: Prepare Your Home And Family
American Red Cross: Earthquake Safety Checklist
EarthquakeCountry.info has a great resource guide in pdf format to download here.
The City of West Hollywood's emergency services / disaster preparedness section, has a Family Disaster Supplies Kit. Check with your local city resource guide as well for additional local relevant information including city evacuation plans and strategy information.
I also registered my cell phone number at Alert LA County for the LA County mass emergency notification system where they will contact me via call/text or email with what to do in case of an emergency.
17. Today I'm grateful to be prepared in case of an emergency.
The Purpose of A World Butterfly ~ My Inspiration
My personal and professional experiences can be described as similar to the metamorphosis of a butterfly: growing, learning, expanding knowledge, gaining insight and evolving in the quest for love, peace, health & prosperity.
- Vanessa Gibson ~ A World Butterfly
- MY NAME IS VANESSA. WORLD IS A COMMON NAME FOR THE PLANET EARTH BUT IS ALSO OFTEN USED TO MEAN THE SUM OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION LIVING ON IT, SPECIFICALLY HUMAN EXPERIENCE, HISTORY, OR THE 'HUMAN CONDITION' IN GENERAL. IN A METAPHYSICAL CONTEXT, WORLD MAY REFER TO THE UNIVERSE, EVERYTHING THAT CONSTITUTES REALITY. VANESSA HAS BEEN ADOPTED AS THE NAME OF A GENUS OF BUTTERFLY. THE ANCIENT GREEK WORD FOR "BUTTERFLY" IS ΨΥΧΉ (PSȲCHĒ), WHICH PRIMARILY MEANS "SOUL", "MIND". A BUTTERFLY IS SEEN AS THE PERSONIFICATION OF A PERSON'S SOUL; WHETHER THEY BE LIVING, DYING, OR ALREADY DEAD. IN CHINESE CULTURE TWO BUTTERFLIES FLYING TOGETHER ARE A SYMBOL OF LOVE. IN SOME OLD CULTURES, BUTTERFLIES ALSO SYMBOLIZE REBIRTH INTO A NEW LIFE AFTER BEING INSIDE A COCOON FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. THIS IS MY STORY...